## Feet Growing During Pregnancy
Pregnancy is an extraordinary time in a woman’s life, and sometimes it brings with it some unusual changes. One of the most common side effects of pregnancy is the growth of one’s feet, otherwise known as “pregnancy feet.” Pregnancy feet is a phenomenon which can occur due to the weight gain, hormonal and fluid shifts, and a loosening of ligaments and tendons. This can cause the feet to grow and become larger than their pre-pregnant sizes.
### Symptoms of Pregnancy Feet
The main symptom is an increase in shoe size and overall foot size. Additionally, some pregnant women may experience a change in arch size, increased shoe pressure, and increased width in their feet.
### Causes of Pregnancy Feet
The main cause of pregnancy feet is due to the body changes that occur during pregnancy. As the body undergoes a variety of changes, the feet are affected as well.
– Weight Gain: During pregnancy, a woman’s body gains weight, which can add additional putting strain on the feet and making them swell and grow.
– Fluid Retention: The body also retains more fluid during pregnancy, which can also cause a woman’s feet to swell and grow.
– Hormonal Fluctuations: Hormone levels fluctuate during pregnancy, creating changes in ligaments and tendons that may cause the feet to grow, as well as contributing to fluid retention.
### Treatment for Pregnancy Feet
Unfortunately, there is no cure for pregnancy feet and the growth of the feet generally goes away after the pregnancy has ended. However, there are some steps that pregnant women can take to help minimize the discomfort of pregnancy feet.
– Wear Supportive Shoes: It is important to wear shoes that have adequate arch and heel support, as well as a wide toe box. This can help to reduce strain on the feet and minimize swelling.
– Avoid High Heels: High heels can put too much pressure on the feet, so it is best to avoid wearing this type of shoes during pregnancy.
– Elevate Legs: Elevating the feet several times a day can reduce swelling from fluid build-up and help to lessen pressure on the feet.
– Employment Foot Massage: A feet massage can also help to reduce the discomfort from pregnancy feet. Applying gentle pressure with the thumb around the arch of the foot can help to reduce pain.
Pregnancy feet is a common side effect of pregnancy and one that many women experience. While it cannot be cured, there are steps that can be taken to help alleviate the discomfort and keep the feet comfortable during pregnancy.
Welcome to my fertility blog. This is a space where I will be sharing my experiences as I navigate through the world of fertility treatments, as well as provide information and resources about fertility and pregnancy.