Early Signs of Second Pregnancy Before Missed Period
A second pregnancy, for some couples, can be an exciting prospect to experience a new joy of parenthood. But in order to make sure that the pregnancy is progressing well, it is important to be aware of the early signs of second pregnancy before the missed period.
Top 10 Early Signs of Second Pregnancy Before Missed Period
- Tender Breasts: Tender breasts often appear as a sign that second pregnancy is on its way. Swelling and aching in the breasts can accompany tenderness and may last throughout the course of the pregnancy.
- Fatigue: Exhaustion is a common side effect to any pregnancy but a second pregnancy can bring a sense of fatigue that is even greater than the first. This can begin early in the pregnancy, often appearing before a missed period.
- Nausea: Morning sickness, for some women, begins soon after conception, and can continue for part or all of the pregnancy.
- Headaches: Second pregnancies can bring an increased frequency of headaches in some women. This can be in conjunction with other early pregnancy symptoms.
- Bloating: Swelling of the abdomen can occur along with a bloated feeling to aid in the detection of a second pregnancy even before the missed period.
- Mood swings: Mood sways are a common symptom of second pregnancies as they are with first pregnancies. Increased lability and feelings of depression or irritability should be monitored.
- Frequent Urination: Women with second pregnancies may find that they need to urinate more often, even before the missed period has occurred.
- Sensitivity to smells: A heightened sense of smell is an early sign of a second pregnancy and can make previously acceptable smells appear very unpleasant.
- Cravings: Some women may experience food cravings or an aversion to certain foods when pregnant, even during early weeks of a second pregnancy.
- Heightened Sense of Taste: Certain tastes are more pronounced during a second pregnancy, with some women experiencing cravings for spicy dishes. This can be a sign that a second pregnancy has begun.
It is important to note that the symptoms of second pregnancy will vary from woman to woman and even vary from one pregnancy to another. Many of the symptoms are the same as those experienced in a first pregnancy, with some differences. Therefore, a woman should not rely on the symptoms to confirm a second pregnancy until a pregnancy test or ultrasound is performed.
If you experience any of the symptoms listed above, it is important to speak to your doctor. They will be able to give you further information and advice on how to proceed.
Welcome to my fertility blog. This is a space where I will be sharing my experiences as I navigate through the world of fertility treatments, as well as provide information and resources about fertility and pregnancy.