## How To Get A Pregnancy Test to Be Positive
Pregnancy tests can be stressful when you’re hoping for a positive result. However, if you’re trying to get a positive pregnancy test result there are some steps you can take to increase your chances.
### Understand Your C h a n c e s
If you don’t know when you ovulated, it’s important to consider the chances that you could be pregnant. For best results, use a home pregnancy test 15 or more days after ovulation. Earlier than this won’t give you an accurate result.
### Best Practices for Taking a Home Pregnancy Test
To get the most accurate result, follow the instructions on the home pregnancy test package carefully. Here are some basic tips:
* Use your first morning urine after you wake up and use a midstream test
* Follow the directions on the box
* Try to avoid taking a test before or after the specified time
* Make sure the test is not expired
### When Results May Be False Positive
Although most home pregnancy tests are reliable, they can sometimes lead to false positive results. Common reasons for this include:
* Taking the test too soon
* Taking the test incorrectly
* Medications like fertility drugs or anticonvulsants
* Infections like urinary tract infections can produce hCG
### When Results May Be False Negative
False negative results are also possible. This can happen if you:
* Take the test too early
* Don’t follow directions
* Don’t use midstream testing
To avoid false negatives, make sure to read and follow the instructions on the test and use the first morning urine after you wake up.
### Can Anything Help Increase the Chances of a Positive Result?
Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that you will get a positive result from a home pregnancy test. However, certain medications or supplements may increase your chances.
* Fertility drugs such as Clomid or Femara can increase hCG levels and make it more likely for a positive result
* Supplements like Maca may also increase hCG levels
It’s important to note that even with these aids, there is no guarantee that a home pregnancy test will be positive.
### Seek Professional Advice
If you don’t get the desired result on at least two home pregnancy tests, it’s recommended that you consult with a healthcare professional to get a confirmed answer.
Welcome to my fertility blog. This is a space where I will be sharing my experiences as I navigate through the world of fertility treatments, as well as provide information and resources about fertility and pregnancy.