Pregnancy Chunky Discharge
Pregnancy can bring with it a range of different symptoms and one of the most common is chunky discharge. Chunky discharge during pregnancy can indicate a range of normal changes in your body and can vary greatly in consistency and colour.
During pregnancy, it is important to pay attention to any changes in consistency of your discharge. Chunky discharge during pregnancy can appear as:
- Milky white
- Creamy White
Chunky discharge can also vary in color. Colors of chunky discharge during pregnancy can be:
The most common causes of chunky discharge during pregnancy include:
- Pregnancy hormones: Hormones play a big role in pregnancy and the changes going on in your body can cause an increase in the amount and consistency of your discharge. The increased hormones can also cause your discharge to change color and texture.
- Infection: Chunky discharge during pregnancy may indicate an infection like bacterial vaginosis or a yeast infection. These types of infections can cause an increase in foul smelling discharge and cause itching, burning, and irritation. It is important to seek medical advice to treat any potential infections.
- STD: Chunky discharge during pregnancy can also be a sign of a sexually transmitted disease like chlamydia or gonorrhea. It is important to get tested regularly during pregnancy to ensure you and your baby are safe.
When to Talk to a Doctor
Although chunky discharge during pregnancy is common and often harmless, there are times when it is necessary to seek medical advice. These include:
- If the chunky discharge is accompanied by pain, itching or burning.
- If the chunky discharge changes in color, consistency or smell.
- If you have any pain or bleeding related to the discharge.
- If the discharge is accompanied by a fever.
It is important to be aware of any changes in chunky discharge during pregnancy and to seek medical advice if you are concerned. By doing this you can ensure you and your baby remain healthy and safe throughout the pregnancy.
Welcome to my fertility blog. This is a space where I will be sharing my experiences as I navigate through the world of fertility treatments, as well as provide information and resources about fertility and pregnancy.