## Pregnancy Heartburn Relief At Night
Heartburn is a common symptom of pregnancy and can make nights torturous! Good thing, there are plenty of ways to provide relief to make you feel more comfortable. Here are a few tips that may do the trick:
#### Raise Your Bed
When sitting up straight isn’t enough, raising the head of your bed can help. This can provide the necessary angle to prevent the stomach acid from reacceleration the esophagus. You can use pillows or wooden blocks. Just be sure to use something that raises the head of your bed up no more than 4-6 inches.
#### Avoid Trigger Foods
Certain foods can worsen heartburn, so changing your diet may help provide relief at night. Avoid acidic foods and drinks like citrus fruits, pineapple, fried and fatty foods, coffee, and chocolate. Not sure what to eat? Here is a list of some safe foods:
* Whole-grain bread and cereals
* Lean proteins such as chicken, fish and tofu
* Fruits such as apples and bananas
* Veggies such as broccoli and green beans
* Plain water
#### Don’t Eat Close to Bedtime
Waiting at least two hours before lying down can help make sure your food digest before bedtime. Eating too soon can irritate your esophagus further and worsen heartburn.
#### Wear Loose Clothes
Tight clothing can put pressure on your stomach and make heartburn worse. So, wearing comfy, loose clothing may help provide heartburn relief at night.
#### Talk to Your Doctor
If these tips don’t work, speak to your doctor. They can provide medicinal alternatives that can help provide relief.
With the right support and tips, you can provide relief from heartburn during pregnancy and get a good night’s sleep!
What home remedies can be used for pregnancy heartburn relief at night?
1. Avoid eating large meals right before bedtime.
2. Eat smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day.
3. Avoid or limit foods known to trigger heartburn such as tomato sauces, citrus fruits, caffeine, alcohol, and spicy foods.
4. Avoid lying down immediately after a meal.
5. Elevate the head of your bed with blocks or books so that your head and chest are higher than your waist.
6. Eat pineapple slices or drink natural pineapple juice as a home remedy for heartburn.
7. Drink a mixture of 1 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with 8 ounces of water.
8. Take an antacid or over-the-counter acid reducer such as Tums, Rolaids, or Gaviscon.
9. Suck on a piece of hard candy, such as a lemon-flavored drop.
10. Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey and consume up to three times each day.
Welcome to my fertility blog. This is a space where I will be sharing my experiences as I navigate through the world of fertility treatments, as well as provide information and resources about fertility and pregnancy.