## Can Pregnancy Cause Vaginal Dryness?
It is possible for pregnant women to experience vaginal dryness during their pregnancy. Vaginal dryness often occurs in the later stages of pregnancy, but can occur at any time during the pregnancy. Although vaginal dryness is not harmful to the baby, it can cause discomfort and irritation.
**Symptoms of Vaginal Dryness in Pregnancy**
The main symptom of vaginal dryness in pregnancy is dryness in the vaginal area. It can be uncomfortable and can make intercourse painful. Other symptoms associated with vaginal dryness in pregnancy include:
* Burning sensation during urination
**Causes of Vaginal Dryness in Pregnancy**
There are several causes of vaginal dryness during pregnancy.
* Hormones: As the levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body increase during pregnancy, this can cause the delicate skin of the vaginal area to become dry and irritated.
* Medications: Certain medications, such as birth control pills, can also cause vaginal dryness.
* Stress: Emotional and physical stress can also cause inflammation of the tissue in the vaginal area, leading to vaginal dryness and discomfort.
* Lack of lubrication: As the body prepares for labor and delivery, it can produce less natural lubrication, making intercourse and even walking uncomfortable.
**Treating Vaginal Dryness During Pregnancy**
Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to alleviate the discomfort caused by vaginal dryness during pregnancy.
* Increase lubrication: Over-the-counter lubricants can be used to help ease the friction and discomfort caused by dryness.
* Use warm compresses: Applying warm compresses to the area can help soothe the area and reduce discomfort.
* Avoid irritating soaps and detergents: It’s important to avoid soaps and detergents that can irritate the skin in the vaginal area.
* Wear cotton underwear: Cotton underwear can help keep the area cool, dry and comfortable.
* Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated can help keep the skin in the area moisturized.
* Ask your doctor about prescription cream: If the dryness persists, your doctor may prescribe a cream to help lubricate the area and relieve discomfort.
Vaginal dryness during pregnancy can be uncomfortable, but there are ways to relieve the discomfort. By making a few changes to your daily routine and using over-the-counter lubricants, you can alleviate some of the discomfort caused by vaginal dryness. If the dryness persists, talk to your doctor about a prescription cream to help lubricate the area.
Welcome to my fertility blog. This is a space where I will be sharing my experiences as I navigate through the world of fertility treatments, as well as provide information and resources about fertility and pregnancy.